Thread: Goaltending?
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 09:03 PM
KingsCorona

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
I like Toffoli and like any young player, he needs more ice time to work on his complete game. But I can't see him on the 2nd line because he and Carter are both shooters. I don't see that as being a good fit. Maybe the put him on the top line and move someone down ? No problem with him starting on the 3rd line but he's a top 6 player and eventually needs to move there.
And who knows, maybe Pearson impresses in camp and gets his shot at LW
This is what I'm really hoping for. Among other things, Pearson has the skills for forechecking, board battles, and parking in front of the net. He isn't quite as big as Penner, but he will have better offensive skills; I think he comes in to camp and takes Pancake's job. I do like Penner -- he is a great teammate and person, and when he is on he can really be great. But he is too inconsistent and we just need more production out of a top 6 winger. I'd say that I'd like to see him on the 3rd line, but he makes too much $$ and I doubt he wants to take a pay cut. Plus I'd like to see us call up someone like Vey or Shore to play 3rd-4th line and give them a look-see

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote