View Single Post
Old
12-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Le Petit Viking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
i know it sounds crazy, but im not kidding. but i think there's a couple things that come into play here. it depends on ur body composure. some people can gain size easily and some other weight easily. i went from 140 in january to 160 late september (ok, so it's more than 6 months). i already had a fair built (i worked out before, a few years back, and somehow kept some of my mass, im pretty sure that was due to my decent intake of potassium, which is known to retain muscle mass tissue). i dont have a specific regime, but if i did, id eat like crazy, and it'd be much bigger and heavier (prolly with some fat). ive developed a system with time and it goes something like this: one week i do strength+mass exercises (lots of weight, 4 sets of 8-12 reps) and the other week the same exact exercise but this time to develop endurance (4 sets of 20-25 with half or a bit less of the weight). i kicked the workout in high gear this summer and that's where i gained most of the weight. actually my weight varies between 155-160 (depending on factors such as:water and food intake etc). im 5'10. so the weight is pretty evenly distributed. and to tell u the truth, ive slacked off on my work out, cuz i dont work the legs that much ('cept for the calves) but if i did, i think i could easily add another 5-10 lbs in 6 months. the thing is, this kind of muscle isnt that usefull, it looks good, but it would be counter effective for a sport, because im not very flexible (used to be though) and the muscle is not spread over a big area. another example of body composure is: bruce lee. he was a pretty small guy, but his muscles were huge! but he didnt weight that much (140 i think). i dont know anybody who can achieve this kind of definition. every individual is built differently, some people can work out for months and not really achieve anything, while some will work out for like 2 months and get ripped. it depends on the genetics a lot. of course diet is also a main factor, but when u train a lot, u can virtually eat anything because of a high metabolism (which is the secret to staying thin). my point is, Ribeiro could certainly gain more weight than that (btw, he's 6'0 tall) he could prolly get closer to 190-200 lbs, which would be ideal for a guy his size (he wouldnt get pushed off the puck so easily). gaining weight is not that difficult, getting usefull weight is another thing...
I just gained 2 pounds of muscle reading your last post