View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
i realize that the team was as close to dead in the water as it could be .....but man, what a ****** way to go out being serenaded like that at madison square garbage.

...this season feels worse then the mac era for me. a trip to the final and great start and expectations only to finish bottom 10 and seeing division rivals and toronto going on......not to mention being mentioned in the same breath as the slugs.

what a disappointment.

...its going to be a long summer.
I hear you there. I am still trying to stomach the fact that the Islanders will be in the playoffs, and not us. The frickin Islanders! Well a lot of people here wanted to see them make a run. I always said if they do anytime soon it would probably involve us not being in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
I swear your nick names are the work of genius. Jesus that made me laugh.

In seriousness though I agree that if Marty were to get hurt again next year, Pete can't be so stubborn and force Moose to start every game. That is just really really dumb. If Moose is sticking around he has to be splitting time, whether it is with Marty or a kid.
Thanks! Glad to make people laugh in these maybe somewhat disheartening times around here.

Yeah that's on Pete for not trying to change things up. Kinkaid played pretty well in his period+ of work, and even stopped one of the best players in the league on a breakaway. I don't give a **** if he has a 906 save percentage in the AHL. He will probably be more protected here, and who knows? It might have forced the team to play a little tighter in front of him. Especially on the PK which was horrid at that time during that sretch for awhile there.

Still have a hard time blaming Moose when the team scored 1.83 goals for him. I always said Marty on top of his game could have just gotten us loser OT points, and it seemed once he came back, and Kovy went down that's exactly what was happening in half those games. We were losing in shootouts. Had the team played like that with Marty then maybe we'd be in the playoffs, but we'd have so many loser points it would put last years Panthers to shame, and many people loved to rip on their record last year.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote