View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
After the first period, down 2-0, I knew this game was over. I'm not a pessimist, but our lack of finish that period was insane. Conacher on the open net and couldn't connect, Vokoun's glove save on Michalek, and a bunch of chances around the net we couldn't convert on.

It was similar in the Toronto game in a way. I knew if they scored before us, they'd take the game. We were buzzing and couldn't put the puck in the net. They stroke first and we couldn't recover.

MacLean is a great coach so I'm hoping he can get us out of this slump. Although we're a low-scoring team, we can usually put more than one in the net. Hopefully Karlsson is back on Thursday.
Pretty much this. Right now, our offense is anemic. We couldn't buy a goal with 100 shots on net. Weir's goal actually caught me by surprise. It seems like every team we're playing against just all clogs up the slot to block shots because none of our guys are a threat, and as long as they clear rebounds we can't do ****.

Really, I think the guys needs to get more selfish with the puck. Everybody needs to just shoot, from any angle where you can see both posts. And putting guys like Greening in front of the net wont cut it. The skill guys like Michalek or Turris, need to be in front of the net. They have the hands to get the rebounds over the goal line.

That said, it also seemed like the Sens weren't allowed any ice in the middle. The pens could just push our guys away from their net because interference has become not a thing that matters anymore

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote