View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:01 PM
NeutralZone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Are you really thinking that? Is anyone really thinking that? Based on what, a partial season of success? Gagner is streaky, it is one of his problems. He is NOT a consistent player. Yes, he has had a decent half a season, but he has shown in the past that he can do great things for a limited time and then go long stretches without doing anything. What has he done in the last 5 games? Nothing. He is the kind of player who could get 10 points over the next 30 games.

Wow, I really hope Edmonton does NOT give Gagner 5 million, that would be a brutal contract that they would get stuck with.

As to the actual poll, I think you trade either one based upon the best package you can get towards filling your greatest area of weakness. If Eberle gets you the best player/package, trade him. If it is Yakupov, then send him out. Edmonton has some glaring needs and one of those two could be dealt to address one of the more obvious team needs the Oilers have.

Whatever you guys do, do NOT give Gagner 5 million per season.
Gagner has a lot of bargaining power right now. He's got 1 year left of RFA status, and I'm pretty sure he can go to salary arbitration, get 1 year deal and be a UFA next summer. I think he'd get 5 million on the open market, especially if he plays well next season.

I hope he signs for a lot less, or we trade him and find a good replacement, but if I'm Gagner, I'm not going to sign for a small $ figure unless it's a one year deal, which would mean throwing his RFA status and trade value out the window.

NeutralZone is offline   Reply With Quote