View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
We have enough "studs" to develop already.
Package the first rounder up with one of the assets you mention above and get me a few guys who already know how to play NHL hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactforcoach View Post
Absolutely the 1st round pick should be on the table top 5 or not. This team is beyond repair without an instant injection of heart size and grit. That 1st pick along with a Gagner or Hemsky could land us a Weber type D-Man.
Another young kid is not going to help us, at best he'll be 3 years until he amounts to much. Do you think we can wait 2 or 3 years before we turn things around?

The time is now to surround the young guns with some give a damn players who want to win. Smitty, Jones, Hemmer et al need to go one way or another. Windows of opportunity are small in this game just ask the Canucks. Even if they load up this summer it will be 2 years before they become any sort of threat. Delaying that in order to draft another talent could push things too far.
Add some actual NHL players to our bottom 6, a better 2C, and a couple of NHL defensemen and we are a much better team. I'm not interested in dealing our 1st round pick unless it returns an impact player like Weber and we can also address at least the 2C issue via a separate move.