View Single Post
04-23-2013, 02:20 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
I don't even know why this is a debate.

Who on the Leafs has 1) substantial playoff experience, 2) played a big role during a playoff run and 3) can lead based on playoff experience. Who brings that veteran presence on the Leafs?

A lot of the guys who have experienced the playoffs on their team 1) haven't experienced them recently and 2) were young guys on the team who were most likely following other guys instead of leading them.

Guys like Gionta, Moen, Ryder, Markov and Gorges know a lot more, and have experienced a lot more, i.e., their experience has weight. Heck, even Subban probably has more relevant experience.

Whether that actually helps the Habs or not remains to be seen. I suspect it's more useful as you progress through the rounds rather than in facing a new, young and hungry team in the 1st round.
I don't think playoff experience is going to play any big role in this particular series. These two teams playing against each other will be a unique experience for everyone involved, including the vets.

Leafs can say though that their coach has won a cup, and hopefully Carlyle can help ease the team/pump them up.

X66 is offline   Reply With Quote