Thread: 12/13 season
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Yeah, solid comparision to the Oly, same exact issue. Well, 15,000 is quite a bit beyond my wildest dreams, quite honestly. Getting to ~13,200 for next year would be great, and if there's another good season maybe another smaller rise the one after that, but I don't think much more is attainable. Might lose some to the Effzeh should they end up winning promotion, as well, but that's a bit of a long shot for this year, at least (more because I have a hard time seeing them win the relegation matchup than the two points they are out of 3rd).

Either way, the Haie after these devastating years are in a beautiful situation, even with the pain of the freshly lost final. Having gotten from selling t-shirts to avoid bankruptcy to almost winning the league in just a few years was a rollercoaster and makes most appreciate the season through the sting of losing the last game.
True. To get close to 15,000 they would have to play at the same level as they did this season for another 4-5 years, and probably win a championship or two.

And should Düsseldorf go bankrupt and lose their team in the DEL it would become even more difficult I guess, since those games are usually well attended even when one or both of them suck.

Eventhough Berlin is my favourite team, I really hope the Haie will keep performing like this. The fans are amazing, most of them at least, and I like the approach they take with Krupp. I could see Köln, Mannheim and Berlin and maybe Hamburg sort of dominating the league in the next few years.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote