Thread: Confirmed with Link: Martin Gernat Signed To 3-Year ELC
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 02:36 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Thats typically what the off season is for and you don't need to eat gross unhealthy food to get calories up. Anything like whole milk, peanut butter, oils etc. that have high fats in them are much less satiating with higher calories. Sure if he's trying to get 5000 cals on extremely high protein rather than carbs and fats he's going to have a hard time. If Michael Phelps can swim 6 hours a day while eating 8000+ calories, don't tell me that Gernat can't eat 5000 while doing considerably less exercise.
I'm just saying it's not as easy to maintain that day in and day out as it is to type it on a keyboard. It probably would make his summer miserable, a gradual progression into weight gain with this summer as a serious starting point would be better IMO, no need to take extreme measures, if he can put it on over the course of like 4 to 5 years I would be happy. The most important part is for him to keep enjoying playing hockey and improving his hockey skills first and foremost. Jonas Brodin and Danny Dekeyser are playing in the NHL because they're good hockey players with great hockey sense and stick skills. Bulking and gaining weight can be miserable sometimes, especially when you're stuffing your face at the beginning and not seeing results yet. It would probably take him staying in Edmonton this summer at the very least under a pretty strict workout/nutrition regiment for him to gain it.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote