View Single Post
04-23-2013, 06:06 AM
vCash: 500
I'm pretty all in on Bowey at this point but he'll be gone by our 2nd I think after U18's. His puck confidence might be one of the best in the draft for defensemen and he displays great athletiscm in his instinctive plays and recoveries. There's just some guys that look natural handling the puck and Bowey is one. Unreal physical package and I think this is the type of guy whose head is gonna catch up to his skills. Looks to me like a classic player that could make the World Junior team and he could shine there and get people wondering what took so long for him to be selected. From all accounts he is a smart guy in school and an outgoing but polite character so he's not going to be intimidated easily. Would really like to see his offensive prowess be encouraged in Kelowna while developing his defensive game, the instincts shouldn't be stifled with this guy.

It's hard to explain because hte numbers aren't jumping off the page, but he has better puck skills than Darnell Nurse I feel pretty good about saying that. They're up there with Morrissey's but Josh is more smooth and calculated while Bowey has an explosive skillset. If this kid has the work ethic in him and an insatiable drive to succeed this could be the best d-man in the draft.