View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
That's a good insight, but I think London has better depth at forward. Not entirely sure they're more talented either, in points maybe, but let's remember that points don't necessarily mean talent and just because someone doesn't play to potential that they don't have the talent to do so.

Also as good as Ned is, I don't think you can hoist him as the next big thing in net from a backup role in the reg season (correct?) and 1 playoff run, even as a rookie. Still betting my money on Fucale lol.
Referring to Ned as a backup in the regular season is not really accurate. He started the season as the 3rd string goalie and quickly moved to backup when Riley Corbin (another rookie) struggled as the backup. Matt Mahalak began the season as the starter, but he's never been very solid, even when backing up Scott Wedgewood the past two seasons. He once again struggled, this time as the starter, and Nedeljkovic took over the starting role in mid-February after Mahalak was pulled in consecutive outings. Young Alex has really taken to the role, as he has had only one bad outing in the regular season and playoffs combined (getting pulled against OS in the 2nd round).

With that being said, I would not characterize this as Ned "stealing" the series if the Whalers win. He certainly needs to be a big part of the effort, but the team has too much talent and depth for this to be a solo effort by Ned -- if the entire team isn't contributing, London will win the series easily. I will say, though, there is no way Plymouth wins Sunday's game with Mahalak in net.