View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Yeah, thanks for those balanced comments. I imagine he is beating himself up pretty good right now because he knows he's gone cold and he knows he isn't contributing like he was for the first 35 games of the season. Him and Hall had a couple of chances today, but they weren't getting any puck luck and the play just seemed to disintegrate on them.

People on this site are hard on Gagner and while I always defend him, I'm not blind to the weaknesses in his game. I just feel so bad for him right now .... a sixth year pro who has been in the league since he was 18 years old and has never had a decent role model to look up to and never been on a team that even had a sniff.

Lesser players would have had their entire career derailed by the circumstances he's been forced to endure.
This point can't be made enough.

How many players on the oilers that went through all that exhibit an unscathed attitude toward the game?

Hemsky, horc, Smyth, Gilbert?

Those are the ones that survived. This org deepsixed the careers of several players and tarnished the reputation of several others.

I don't know that any other player thats been here through the suck exhibits anything close to the attitude of Gagner.

As for the game last night its hard getting much established in offensive end against the ducks who are pretty good at shutting down. But the D reads last night to support puck were horrible. Basically it was as if we didn't even have D to pass they puck back to or support pressure.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote