View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 10:55 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
All I ever hear from everyone is Philly and New Jersey. Allot of smoke with the Philly thing but then DL and Lou always seem to be talking about one thing or another so who knows. Me personally, I am with you in that there really isn't a cut and dried for certain type of deal out there.

For Philly they would have to buy out Ditz and then make us an offer that we like while keeping their team where they want it and while it looks good it doesn't look perfect. With NJ they would have to buy out Hedberg which isn't a big deal but not a great one and then take a good look at what they would want to give that we would want to bring back.

They do have a couple of kids who I like but do they want to move them? I think with NJ it comes down to how much of a retooling they actually do. Of course it looks like a perfect situation in having JB tutored for a season by one of the greatest goalies of all time but if the team in front of him isn't good enough to make the playoffs with MB in net what will that do to JB's confidence?

The only thing I had heard that made me think that a deal was going to happen was with New Jersey but that doesn't really mean anything. These things are liquid and don't really become solid until a landmark situation happens (the draft the deadline an injury or a major fail).

JB has been a truly great kid who has given his all and done a great job for the team and DL is a loyal man to the people who give their all as much as possible. Sending JB close to home like he wants will have to be a consideration. Maybe a lesser one but one that I think will come into play when the deal is done.
To me, it just seems like Adam Henrique would be a great fit in here. I think NJ would have to add to him to make the deal work, but he'd be a great fit in our style and system, and he oozes character and hard work as well.

But would NJ want to part with him if they are an older team already? Granted, they'd be getting back a young kid in Bernier, but they could use to hold onto their youth as best they can.

Henrique and a 2nd for Bernier? I'd love to replace the 2nd with one of their D prospects like Boucher or Gelinas, but I doubt NJ would part with that much youth considering the overall age of that team.

Last edited by kingsfan: 04-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote