View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
Except the concept is the same behind both trades. Both were over payments that filled a minor hole and to give a boost to the team that was sagging. Hence the boosted Chuck Kobasew trade. Pom is a much more dynamic player than Kobasew but the concept behind both the trades are pretty much the same point.

The Kobasew trade was earlier in the season to spark a struggling team..the Pominville move was to bolster us going forward into the playoffs and to give us the weapons up front to compete with every other team in the West that was loading up for a run.

Also it gives us a heck of a core for next season and potentially after that if we resign him..

I cannot fathom the fact that anyone can even be remotely mad at this trade..for cripes sake. Just bothers me. We've had maybe 5 other players as good as Pominville on the Wild in the HISTORY of this franchise. 2 of them that play for us right now...

Sorry Fletcher went out and acquired a top tier player. And gave up a couple picks and our FIFTH best prospect and arguably THIRD best goalie prospect to get him..

I guess we should have tried to stay mediocre forever and not trade anyone to try and win..that way you can have your way Koala

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote