View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post
I'm wondering about this Nurse kid.
What interests me is the fact that he's basically tripled his output from this year to last. There must be a reason - playing with Sproul?

What I would be doing as an amateur scout is finding all of the data/stats people in hockey at my disposal and I would tell them to go out and find examples of all the players who took massive leaps in their second year of college play and see how that projects to NHL success.

Is his improvement a fluke or a sign of a future stud. Would suck to pass on this kid and look back in 5-8 years and think we passed on him.

Thoughts/input?
He played the point man on the powerplay with Sproul carrying the puck up and bombing it from the top of the left circle from what I saw. I think he had 10 powerplay assists and 1 or 2 goals there. Nurse is actually a decent distributor but he's definitely not a puck rusher or anything, he makes smart plays with solid passes, shots that get through and crisp outlets while playing with a nasty edge. Bogosian got 61 pts in 60 games at the same age in the same league and I'd say you're looking at a pretty good comparable right there in terms of overall skillset and what they will bring to the table at the NHL level.