Thread: Tinordi Time
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Some are blaming the slump on clinching or Price, some blame MT, some blame the loss of Emelin. Some blame Desharnais if it rains.

Of course hockey is a team sport, I'm not suggesting Emelin's loss is the only reason but it's a huge factor and it's not ridiculous to want to compensate.

For all their heart, Josh, Raphael and Francis (sound like faerie characters in a kids' TV show) just don't have the physicality, and playoffs are physical you know that. Would love to see Tinordi (or Pateryn) play sooner than later.
Well I don't agree that it's a huge factor. Actually I think it holds very little barring. If we look at how we've played in the past 4 games (we actually played well versus Toronto for most of the game, they looked horrible) it's been night and day compared to the previous 37 games. Losing one depth player who wasn't even having that great of a season doesn't affect you that much, it just doesn't. I mean, we didn't look half as bad when we lost Prust and many consider him a huge key player for us up front.

It just doesn't add up. In any event, it's fine if you want to believe the loss in physicality from this one player is a huge factor in our current slump.
However, you should not expect Tinordi to fill this void. He has 3 checks in 6 games with us. I would like to see him on our roster as well, but I don't think he will change anything until our overall team defensive coverage and goaltending gets back to what it was before.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote