Old
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Jets have far too many holes at positions that are held in higher regard in this year's draft (OLB, T, secondary) to go QB this year.

Personally, I'd rank Bridgewater, Manziel and Fales all ahead of Smith at this point in time, so I have no problem with them waiting there.

Plus I have no interest in adding a young QB to the **** circus that is Tebow/Sanchez/etc.
No way in hell are all three of those guys ahead of Smith in any real sense of things. They are all about the same. I'd rank them:

Bridgewater
Smith
Fales
Manziel

And there is very, very little separating them there.

With the 9th and the 13th pick, I don't see a reason that the Jets should absolutely avoid a QB if they like Smith. The Jets can do a lot with this pick. Next year's draft (overall, save the QB depth) should be better, so perhaps you take the QB this year and go with another position next year. It's quite tempting to have some fun with their picks as an outsider since who knows where they will go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Manziel is the best of all 3, talent wise. Probably would not be able to handle NY though. Way too big of a distraction.
It's a pick 'em in terms of who is actually better. I like Bridgewater and Smith (and I alternate on who I like better given the day). But I could see the Jets taking Manziel just because it's the big splash.