View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 12:49 PM
dyzfunctioned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
He played the point man on the powerplay with Sproul carrying the puck up and bombing it from the top of the left circle from what I saw. I think he had 10 powerplay assists and 1 or 2 goals there. Nurse is actually a decent distributor but he's definitely not a puck rusher or anything, he makes smart plays with solid passes, shots that get through and crisp outlets while playing with a nasty edge. Bogosian got 61 pts in 60 games at the same age in the same league and I'd say you're looking at a pretty good comparable right there in terms of overall skillset and what they will bring to the table at the NHL level.
I like Nurse but he's not even close to Bogosian at the same age.

Bogosian put up 61 points in 60 games, leading his team in points as a d-men, AND played on the Petes who had a record of 28-36-4 AND were among the leagues worst in goals scored. Not to mention Bogosian was just an absolute monster at the combine.

Compare that to Nurse, who put up who scored 41 points in 68 games (3rd in D-scoring, and 10th overall on his team) playing on a stacked team including Sproul and Cousins that had one of the highest goals per game ratio in the OHL...

I don't mean to put down Nurse as I like him quite a bit but he's a huge step back from Bogosian at the same age.