View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 01:31 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
1.I don't disagree that he is bad or he is not worth it but I just don't see the point in buying him out when we were nowhere close to the cap for the past couple seasons.
Agree

Quote:
Some of you guys said that we can spend the money on a better player but why haven't we? Like I said, we are nowhere near the cap and have never spent any money close to the cap so buying or not buying out horcoff should not affect our team moving forward in general.
Agree/Disagree

Quote:
Also, it was not Horcoff who pointed a gun at Lowe for that contract.....He obviously earned it (at that time) but failed to deliver.
Disagree. In congract negotiations two parties come from both sides and try to meet a middle ground. Horcoff/Agent had to be asking for around 7 million a year. I really doubt Lowe just said here have 5.5 million a year.

Secondly, he never earned it. His 70 point season was because of Hemsky and Smyth. His 50 point season was his only good season, and that somehow amounted to awarding a 29 year old grinder a 6 year 5.5 million deal. That has to be one of the dumbest moves in all time.

How many people get better from 29 to 35? just a total stupid contract. I hate Lowe and I hate Horcoff.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote