View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I disagree. I honestly think that 2008 was a watershed year for the Cubs for a lot of fans.

We seemingly had everything going for us. Arguably the best team in baseball in the regular season. Everything's clicking, buzz in the city very high. National focus. 100 years to the t since the last championship. Baseball gods seemingly lining everything up for a storybook season.

And then we **** the beds the playoffs and fall back into the cellar the next year.

Think the fanbase's overall mood changed there. Don't think people are really thinking that there's always next year anymore.
That season burned me real, real bad. I wrote them off after that. I was done. I was still a fan, but that was the last season I made an effort to watch every game on tv and follow them step by step. I was in "they have to win me back" mode.

I fully expected last year and this to be rough. I'm invested in the club again because despite a rough road right now, it's for a purpose. I'm putting my trust in this regime to build a true organization from the ground up the right way for the first time, well, ever, for this organization. I'd rather be bad and lose games while letting kids play and come up and take their lumps together and rebuilding than having a monster payroll full of bums that lose a bunch of games. That's much more deplorable, in my opinion.

With all that said, as others have referenced, some improvement needs to be seen each year.