View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
At this point, with the Whale eliminated, I'd rather have CK on the fourth line working on what he needs to work on (playing with tenacity, following through on hits, hustling for all of every shift) than have him doing nothing. Also, I suspect that he would have moved up in the lineup and gotten more minutes had he earned them with his forth line play. He's been better, but with the team in the position it's in, he would need to really assert himself to get more minutes at this point, and he just hasn't done that.
At this point, the errors have already been made, IMO. He should have stayed in CT to help with the push for the playoffs down there. Those things he needs to work on are all things he could learn with the Wolfpack (thank god I can call them that again). He doesn't need to be in the NHL to learn to forecheck, hustle, and finish his checks.

Kreider's long-term value to us is a scoring forward with size and speed. Until his recent stint in Hartford, he hadn't been scoring all that much, so in my opinion, it was more important for him to work on scoring in the AHL than it was to learn whatever he's learning in the NHL right now.