View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 02:47 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'll admit, I just don't see it with Deslaurier.

I think he has some tools for sure, but to be completely honest, I just don't see him being a regular NHL defenseman. He may make it as a Jason Wooley type with better D, but I think that's the maximum ceiling (and that'd be a very good return on the investment too and by no means a bust).

I hope the kid makes it, but really I seen him as tweener type, a good AHLer who never really grabs an NHL roster spot for any significant length of time.
I disagree completely but that is alright. We will end up seeing how he turns out. His game at this point was similar to Muzzin's at the same point in their development. He is yet another mid pairing solid young D prospect for us and what I think happens is that some expect (not saying you) our kids to either become star players or see them as busts.

Des is just like Muzzin and Hickey in that they are all 3 solid players who took time to reach their development and will prove themselves as capable solid NHLers once they get their chance. Des likes to play a fast physical game. He turned a corner at the mid point (around) of this season and you could see him becoming better and better with each game until about 20 games ago when he just seemed to get it.

He can skate shoot hit fight and is becoming pretty solid in his own end. I don't think he will be a top pairing guy but that would suit us fine. We have DD VV and now Muzzin to cary that load. With Gravel and possibly Forbort coming up as SAH guys we might be set. In the end time will tell us about Des.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote