View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Bleedred
LATEST VICTIM!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
I can't stand Lou's stupid negotiation rules. The team is eliminated from the playoffs, start ****ing talking contract with Patrik Elias already! He is the best forward in Devils history, I think he deserves a little more respect.

If he actually walks this summer, its on Lou. You can't let your players get that close to free agency without negotiating. Its the same story every year with our top UFAs and its getting really ****ing tiresome now
Lou made that exception for Marty and Stevens years and years and years and years ago. He even did it before Marty became an RFA because he was afraid someone might offer sheet him that Summer.

I don't understand how anyone can say that is a good method. Then when he goes to UFA who knows? You might have to match a stupid offer like we did with Salvador. Then you could wind up having to pay Patty $6 million again, and for possibly 3 years when he may have taken $5 million a year for 2.

I do not blame Lou for Parise whatsoever because Parise could have signed long term if he really wanted to rather than a one year deal. Though hopefully he at the very least gets to work when the season is over, and not on June 25th or something.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote