Old
04-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
I suppose the games I've seen Bryz he hasn't looked bad....but I'd clearly defer to the Flyer fan that I'm sure has watched more games than I have.

I sometimes wonder how people's perception (not you specifically, just in respect to the general "hockey" or Flyer fan") of Bryz on ice is influenced by Bryz "off ice." I think we all know about goalies, beat of a different drummer, ect....

I like the Flyers and have for many years, which is why it's so puzzling to see a team with a lot of talent struggle so bad. The injury list certainly lends some credence to that. What an odd season for the Broad Street faithful.
Much of it lies on Lavi and Homer. Homer steadily brought in players not suited for Lavi's system, which really neutered the offense. In turn, Lavi has done very little to adjust and has made some pretty questionable personnel choices. Add the steady stream of defensive injuries and shaky goaltending, and there wasn't really any way this year would go well.