View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
lets say for arguments sake that we draft 6th overall, as that is where we are right now... this years draft is very good at the top end, specifically in the top-8... so the fact that the pick is a few spots better and the draft being good, would mean our 1st has more value than those listed above

that being said, i agree that it alone won't get you a legit top-pairing dman... if we packaged something else with it, say hemsky + anaheims 2nd rounder, we could be in the ballpark of what some teams would be looking for in return for a 25 minute/game dman

if we're looking for a legit #2 big, centre, we could do the 1st rounder + gagner in a deal.... but it would have to be somebody pretty good coming back, similar to the staal or carter deals
Every draft has a good top 8 it seems now.

With that being said 1st+Gagner is a real decent package. I don't think Hemksy has much value if anything it's probably negative, because if a team is moving a top pairing d-man it's because of salary issues.

The fact of the matter is we have a lot of assets and I do think we have enough to make a package for a real good d-man and someone to replace Gagner. Would be two seperate deals, but there is no reason something couldn't be worked out.