View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
As I said on the big board, in my opinion, I doubt Ryder will be back next year. He's too old and he'll be looking for too long of a term. He fits okay on the team but there will be younger, cheaper, bigger options for the team to sign. Unless Gionta is traded to NJ, he'll stay with the Habs. Clarkson's a bum. Bickell is a 3rd line player and won't go to a team to play on the 4th line.

It seems Bergevin showed a lot of interest in Clowe during the deadline. Heard we were in the running, heard he grew a Habs fan, know he's from the East Coast. If we were to sign him for 4mil over 6 years or 4.5 over 4, I would do it. Little bit of an overpayment but that's what it takes to sign Free Agents. Bickell is plan B. If we were to sign Clowe, Stalberg would be the perfect complimentary piece to land as well. Big guy, very fast, would fit very well in our system, knows Bergevin.

I think reuniting O'Byrne with the Habs may not be the worst option. He's a decent defensive defenceman, better than Drewiskie and I'd rather him at #6 than Bouillon. He's young, he's big, he plays the style we're looking for.

Bergevin also attempted to acquire Sestito off waivers, perhaps he can be our extra forward.

I want Lapierre back.

There are tonnes of RFAs that I hope can be made available, unlikely though.

Desharnais will likely stay with the team but if he has a bad playoffs, I hope we can trade him. I'm willing to bet he has a better year next year. Trade him to move up in the draft or to improve a wing or defensive position.

So, in no particular order in terms of lines:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Clowe
Bourque-Eller-Gallagher
Stalberg-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Moen-Lapierre-Prust
(Sestito)

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Diaz
Markov-O'Byrne
(Bouillon)
Didnt think about Stalberg. I guess we have fairly similar thoughts on the team. I agree that Ryder may want a long term but if we can sign him for short I wouldnt hesitate.