View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 05:20 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
The only service which ranked him number 1, a ranking which was given before the 2nd round of the OHL playoffs even started(march/april), which was before Hall fully separated himself as the superior choice with his dominant playoffs/memorial cup.

The head CS guy actually did an interview right after the list came out, he stated Seguin was number 1 on their list because they were looking at the needs of the teams that would be selecting that high, and Edmonton really needed a "big, right handed center".

Otherwise it was a consensus that Hall was the best player in the draft, with Seguin having the potential to maybe be a better player down the road.
That part of scouting is way more important than who is better now.

And I recall that position was a separator, but in no way was it directed towards Edmonton. They released the list a few days before the draft lottery even happened. Central Scouting does not project their rankings based on team needs. Their focus is to provide a ranking of players that all teams can use as a resource to where these scouts believe these players are ranked.

The fact is simple. In 2010 and 2012, there were big choices to make. In 2010 many thought we'd take Seguin, and this summer, many thought we were going after Murray.