View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
I like Nurse but he's not even close to Bogosian at the same age.

Bogosian put up 61 points in 60 games, leading his team in points as a d-men, AND played on the Petes who had a record of 28-36-4 AND were among the leagues worst in goals scored. Not to mention Bogosian was just an absolute monster at the combine.

Compare that to Nurse, who put up who scored 41 points in 68 games (3rd in D-scoring, and 10th overall on his team) playing on a stacked team including Sproul and Cousins that had one of the highest goals per game ratio in the OHL...

I don't mean to put down Nurse as I like him quite a bit but he's a huge step back from Bogosian at the same age.
No sorry, I worded this wrong. I meant to say that Nurse's offensive potential isn't amazing or anything, I was trying to use Bogosian as a point of comparison as a guy that was more offensively gifted at the OHL level but has settled into a more shutdown role not as focused on offense at the NHL level - which I think Nurse would project to at the NHL level as well. Had an exam this afternoon didn't word it as well as I could have.

I thought I'd seen Nurse wearing an A in some games this year so don't know about the leader thing.