View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 06:12 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
No sorry, I worded this wrong. I meant to say that Nurse's offensive potential isn't amazing or anything, I was trying to use Bogosian as a point of comparison as a guy that was more offensively gifted at the OHL level but has settled into a more shutdown role not as focused on offense at the NHL level - which I think Nurse would project to at the NHL level as well. Had an exam this afternoon didn't word it as well as I could have.

I thought I'd seen Nurse wearing an A in some games this year so don't know about the leader thing.
This is fair - Nurse's offensive potential is really up in the air at this point - but the defensive "shutdown" ability can't be debated.

He's one of those "top 8" blue-chip prospects in this draft that people are getting excited about, so there's definitely something there.

He's trending a bit behind Pietrangelo/Hamilton did in their pre-draft OHL years, and he's had the luxury of playing with a sublime partner in Ryan Sproul.

Although I made the reference earlier to him being similar to guys like Pietrangelo/Hamilton/OEL in pre-draft immaturity, he's definitely not at the same level as these players offensively.

I retract my earlier statement about his "big-time" potential - I don't think he possesses the hockey sense or offensive skills to be that kind of player. But his gritty style and big-body presence could still be a difference-making asset - anyone have an NHL comp for him? I'm having a hard time coming up with one.