View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Why would the NHL WANT to move out of a market that loyally supports the chronic worst team in the league and that pays among the highest gates in the league to see its worst product.

Any sensible league would be wetting itself over what dreck this fanbase will line up to support.

A team might end up in Seattle. For that team to be the oilers makes zero sense for the NHL.

If I could add this is Edmonton, It would be unwise to say the least for the league to leave Edmonton and in bad terms (which would certainly be the case)
When Edmonton formerly didn't have an NHL club it, and other canadian cities and representatives were front center in devising/starting a competing league. I would imagine the same thing would happen again, possibly this time with the new league being an actual "world" league. I would line up for tickets to that league and forget about the NHL in a heartbeat.
There is no way a profitable franchise such as Edmonton is ahead of some of the NHL's basket cases in the 'move' Q.