View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I think we said last yr that the difference between utley in the lineup and out was about 1 run per game. I know everybody loves him in Philly but I still don't think he gets enough credit for what he brings to a lineup.

Shame to waste such an awesome outing by hamels
Utley is one of those rare players who is loved by casual fans and statisticians alike. I understand the need to rest him, but without him, this lineup is complete garbage. A lot of it is the lack of working the count. Free swingers everywhere in this lineup.

I've seen people get mad and say that people don't criticize Utley when he doesn't hit like fans criticize Howard. I like Howard, but when Chase gets an out it's so much different than when Howard gets one. Last night, I remember one at bat where Chase worked a full count and was called out on a tough pitch. Howard comes up and swings at three straight breaking balls. Howard is what most of the lineup does though. Swing away no matter what the situation. The lineup is severely lacking in Chase Utleys. Ruiz will help that a bit, but it's difficult to win when everyone's hacking away at everything they see.

Edit: And then Chase has a crappy at bat. I'm just not going to say anything anymore cause these guys keep making me look like an idiot.

Last edited by jml87: 04-23-2013 at 08:35 PM.