View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I just got home from the game. Man does Mason look very good in net for us. Athletic as hell in there. Makes some saves I didn't think he would. He was in position to make them more than not tonight too. It is a little early, but he is only 24, and he might have needed this. Change of scenery can work wonders for a young player like him, and he is thriving right now in a small sample size.

Voracek is a god damn beast. He can control the play when he has a great night. He has learned so much from Jagr to protect the puck and use his body to get a shot off. He still needs to work on shooting more, but he will learn. We have a very promising duo on the top line there for the coming 5-7 years.

Luke Schenn. Man is he a boss. The guy just plays the game the right way. Yes, sometimes he does go for the big hit and get out of position, but more times than not he makes the right play. Another young player, where a change of scenery was needed. He is quickly becoming a fan favorite here.

Now Couturier was a little disappointing. I would like him to be a little more creative. He seems reluctant to make the fancy play and just dump it in deep. He needs to carry the puck a little more and try to make some moves. He is on the top of his young game when he is confident with the puck on his stick. He still seems to lack that.

All in all a good game to go to. I know we all want the better pick, but you have to respect a team with that defense for the effort they are putting forth. They came to play. On a bad note, Jagr wasn't really noticeable. He was knocked off the puck quite a bit too. I hope it was just a bad game, but nature is catching up with that guy. He is 41 now, so he might be losing some of that hall of fame game we all grew so use to seeing.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote