Thread: Post-Game Talk: #46 Rangers @ Panthers
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Like nobody is realistic. Everyone gets way way too low after every lost and marginally too high after each win. Everyone gets overly concerned with bounces and the score and neglects the process. Sometimes you play well and win. Sometimes you play well and lose. Doesn't make the second game any worse than the first. If you won every time you played well there would be no point in playing the game since we know the result. Bringing back the poker analogy it's like getting AA in pre vs KK. Even though you're in much better shape you still only win 80% of the time. Things happen. Sometimes the puck bounces the wrong way. Sometimes you don't get those huge saves out of your goalie. Sometimes the other goalie just plays great. Sometimes you hit a bunch of posts or just miss wide etc..

I try to just be rational and logical after each game regardless of the outcome. As I said before I think in general we played a pretty good game with a few exceptions: Callahan was completely inept at handling the puck, our PK repeatedly was unable to clear the zone, and our PP was typically useless. But for the majority of the remaining ~50 minutes of 5 on 5 we completely dominated the entire game.
Yes, I agree with what you're saying.

I do think the team played well enough to win, but again, no puckluck.

I'm writing this season off as a failure because we failed to bring the cup to New York. As a fan of the team that made it to game 6 of the ECF last year and supposedly added the missing piece, this is beyond frustrating to take in. We are essentially back in time to the 2009-10 season where we are building around one winger as our offense (Gaborik).

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote