View Single Post
Old
04-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He's on pace for 10 less points than last season playing less albeit sheltered minutes. It's not as if he's Josh Gorges getting a contract that would have been the maximum he would have got on July 1st then playing like a bottom pairing defenseman. I don't like DD being re-signed and would prefer him not be on the team going forward but it makes a great deal of sense that he got that dollar/term.
Honeslty, for myself and I think a lot of other people around here more of the fact that DD is an unnecessary player on this team and with the love affair by MT is taking up a valuable roster spot for players who breaking out and being held back. There is zero reason to believe that Eller or Galchenyuk would not be doing better than DD by a good margin if given his ice time and wingers. In fact, I think after this many games in the season it's time to give Chucky back his centreice position and demote DD to the wing or press box.

And to show you it's not a blind hatred for DD I would be parking Bouillon and Weber in the press box as well for Tinordi and Beaulieu/Pateryn. What's the point of having smart high IQ vets on the back end if you're not going to surround them with people to teach and grow.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote