View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 02:03 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
He was huge for Columbus, played well for Nucks, played well in Phoenix, playing great for SJ, and played about 15 games in Buffalo. Yet I hear this Buffalo thing a lot.

I don't know that any other player thats been here gets more irrational hate than Torres. Not sure what it is. Useful player here and has been much of his career. Consistently better than ANYBODY we've had in our bottomsix. Whats the last player we've had in bottom six rotation better than Torres is now?

Glencross? Brodz? Neither of who this org respected either.
You're also listing teams that were just fine before he came along. It's not as if Torres put any of those teams over the top. In his final year here he took many games off for one reason or another. Maybe it's because we sucked.

He hasn't replicated a 20 goal or 40 point campaign since he left here either, even though he came oh so close when he joined the Sabres.

His career shows that he can be effective (Phoenix) and that he can be a lazy floater (last year in Edmonton, Buffalo)

And I think we all would take those two back in a heartbeat. They're much better than Torres is.

I don't hate Torres, I love what he did in 2006. Sadly that's the only year I ever remember him being truly effective. But you're the only one here who constantly pumps his tires in a community where most former Oilers are generally represented by the two camps of Oiler fans.

Can you honestly tell me this team would be less lifeless if Torres were back here?