View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 01:13 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
I think this is a draft where you "draft for need" over BPA in terms of offensive contributions.

It reminds me of the 2006 draft, where PIT/CHI picked Staal/Toews 2nd/3rd overall because they felt they needed that big-bodied 2-way C over a pure-offense guy.

Backstrom was supposed to be the highest-rated forward in that draft IIRC.

That being said, Backstrom has turned into a solid 2-way force on his own, and up until his recent concussion issues may have been the best of all of them.

Another thing - how about that scoring clip on Drouin? 2.14 points/game The next closest guy in the Q with a clip of 1.94 is 6'3 205lb Russian Dmitri Jaskin (wow STL stole this guy in the 2nd round of 2011)

That's a ridiculous scoring pace in this post-juggernaut-London-Knights day and age. There's no one even remotely close to his scoring clip in the CHL right now (not like Kane back in 2007, where Kostitsyn/Gagner also put up some stupid numbers).

I think back - the last guy who scored at such a ridiculous clip was Sidney Crosby in 2005 (2.71) - where the next closest scorer was at <2point/game (his linemates).