View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Was about to post something like this, Draft. Few more additions I would make:

Weber 1st + 3rd (or late second) for Read + Talbot

This was brought up in the Flyers trade thread and something I feel with worth consideration. Read may be small but he brings a similar element of grit and feistiness we all adore Gallagher for. Likewise, he is a solid scorer (24/40). Simply put, he is an upgrade in every way on Gionta. We're likely not to draft a player of consequence that late in the draft and we have enough picks and prospects to make up the difference- get one back in the aforementioned Edmonton deal.

Talbot should speak for himself. We are far too reliant on Prust for any form of physicality and I feel in an eighty-two season, he will wear down - he is already. Teams are likely to target him in the future for this precise reason and Talbot would offset the load. A nice bonus is, like Prust, he can easily step into the third line and not miss a step should injuries be a concern.

Personally, I would then trade Bourque or Gionta and retain Ryder. The former had a spark to the early season, but I have little belief he can maintain that degree of consistency, even less now with the concussion. The latter he is more or less a one trick pony, who trick everyone's figured out.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Read
Paajarvi - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta/Ryder
Prust - Talbot - XXX

Demers - Subban
Beaulieu - Emelin
Diaz - Gorges

or

Demers - Subban
Diaz - Emelin
Gorges - Tinordi