Thread: Line Combos: 2013-14 Lines Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 08:29 AM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
I would prefer that the Hawks keep Bolland but if there is a good hockey trade to be made in the offseason or at the deadline, you consider it. But absolutely not if the Hawks are planning on playing some combo of Pirri/Kruger/Shaw/?? down the middle.

Bolland has had a rough season, no doubt about it, but he has been a productive player playing on the 3rd line, facing some of the toughest competition/matchups of any player in the league. And the same was true this year. Even though Bolland moved up to 2C, that line became a pseudo-checking line much of the time.

Try Pirri at 2C next year, let Sharp fill in if he has struggles, maybe Drew LeBlanc can give you something there as well, let Bolland go back to the role where the expectations are not ridiculous. IMO, Bolland/Morin/Shaw could be a dangerous 3rd line. A lot of nasty there, and some skill also.

At this point, though, I would be onboard with a Bolland trade. I mean, it's hard to see him taking a pay cut to re-sign with the Hawks and his salary is just too much for a 3C who has only played ~75% of the games over the last three years.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote