View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
The more I see the games, the more I'm convinced Habs will need to sacrifice a good young forward and a pick to get a good #1.5/#2 d-man.

Markov has dangerously slowed down. He looks like a pilon out there. If I was Bergevin, I would hope a team hadn't noticed and dream about Markov's PP ability to try to trade him for a first rounder.

I would target d-men like Seabrook, Yandle... I would be willing to trade Eller for those guys, switching Galchenyuk to center next year.

Of course, I would prefer to trade Deasharnais, but he doesn't have the same trade value.

The need for a #1.5/#2 complete d-man is important since no kid will be able to do this job for another 2-4 years.
Yandle makes little sense for the Habs, he is another offensive d-man, we have tons of those in the pipeline, makes no sense to get a guy like that at what his cost will be. Poor use of assets.

Markov has lost a step, no doubt, but he is not a liability like you are trying to paint him. Losing Emelin hurts his game for sure as he needs a big body to do the heavy moving in the defensive zone. He is still one of the better PMD's and PP QB's around, he just needs more help than 3-4 years ago.

I could see a deal for Seabrook but I'm not sure he is on the market. I think the best option may be a 1 year fix on the UFA market to bridge until Tinordi Beaulieu and Pateryn are NHL ready. No point in trading valuable assets and blocking their path in a year or two.