View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 09:02 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Awesome to hear. I was always a big fan of his and think he's grown up enough to be able to fit in with the team. Haven't heard bad things from Canucks.

On the big board there's the Markov/Gionta/Desharnais thread. Couple of trades that were proposed and got okay reception.

Kristo + DD to the Sharks for Demers (RFA) + Tierney + Pittsburgh 2nd

as well as one I just threw out there now,

Markov + Moen + (Maybe a pick) to the Oilers for Paajarvi-Svenson (RFA)

Demers will be a very good two-way defenceman soon, San Jose has several high-profile defence prospects coming up through the system, making him expandable. He has decent size, can hit quite well, still young, from Quebec.

Edmonton has desperate need of vets and depth in their lineup, much speculation that Paajarvi is on his way out. I see him as a younger version of Stalberg that could end up being Bourque's replacement. Very good defensively, fast, can score, still young.

IF these were to go through, our lineup would look something like this:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Paajarvi-Galchenyuk-XXX
XXX-Prust-XXX

Gorges-Subban
Diaz-Emelin
Demers-Bouillon
(XXX)

I think losing Markov for the PP would be very difficult to handle but hopefully with Diaz healthy and Demers contributing, it'd still stay afloat. I don't think anyone has a problem with trading Desharnais or Moen. Kristo will be a loss but we have several players in the same mould in our lineup and in our prospect pool. Another 2nd round pick and a pretty decent fwd prospect could hopefully fill Kristo's loss. I don't think it'll be too difficult to sign a 3rd liner, two 4ths and a 6th/7th dman.

What do you guys think?
Sure if we join the no hit no fight league. We don't need more soft players. We need size and grit and players to give more room to our skilled players. If we get Clowe, Clarkson, Bickell and Bieksa and eliminate Gionta, Ryder, DD, and Bourque then we could add Paajarvi.