View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
The call on Carrick was a crosscheck..and an easy call for the official to make. The Heard play was a bush league play. A linesman can make a major penalty call..and that is exactly what happened. It was the correct call.
Like I've stated numerous times...If you don't want the officials to make calls that you feel decide the outcome of a hockey game...don't put yourself in the position for those calls to be made.
Plymouth unraveled and it all started on their bench..period. Call me a homer..call me whatever you wish..don't care...the bottom line is how you battle adversity makes you a winner. Mettle defines a team.
To squawk and moan every time you feel you've been slighted is the ultimate cop out.
For all the MMA and boxing fans out there, they will tell you "don't leave it in the hands of the judges". So as stated above, dont' put yourselves in that position. Simple. Bad officiating goes both ways. Funny how nobody can admit that bad officiating happens against the Knights ever, but it always happens against 'your' team when they play the Knights. Its like the Oilers in the 80's....they were so talented that teams had to hook and grab just to keep up...maybe thats what happens here too. Sorry folks, Knights are a good hockey team.
The calls will be poor both ways, so instead of using it as excuses lets just call it a wash and discuss the good parts of the game(s).
Wilson again is leading the charge for the Whale, I would expect more though to step up.