Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV
View Single Post
04-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Originally Posted by
If Mac-T insists on a a bold move to bring a new player in, I think the first thing he should do is bring in a #1 defenseman.
That being said, it's a tough move to make, but the following legitimate top-4 defensemen would suffice IMO:
- solid RHD who plays a Smid-like shutdown game, with better ability to move the puck. Would be great for any top4 role
Hemsky+ for Michalek
- underrated LHD who has been solid for 10+ years now. Great compliment to young developing offensive defensemen, and could be ideal partner for Justin Schultz.
Sign to 3yr, $3.25M deal
- solid LHD playing 2nd pairing role in BUF behind Ehrhoff. Played really tough minutes with Regehr earlier in the season and looked like the better of the 2 defensemen. Again - a guy suited to 2nd pairing role. Has never spent extended amount of time in top-pairing role.
Hemsky+ for Sekera
- he's really come into his own since Lidstrom's retirement, and is a big reason why that inexperienced blue line in Detroit hasn't fallen apart. Arguably more reliable than Kronwall at even strength, and has been playing on the top pairing at LHD.
Hemsky+ for Ericsson
- one of those under-the-radar guys in Nashville that's been playing in the shadows of Hamhuis/Weber/Suter/Josi in past years - Klein has shown an ability to win matchups in a 2nd pairing role. He possesses some decent offensive ability as well
Hemsky for Klein+
- has been a versatile defenseman throughout his career, and as a LHD would look good alongside Justin Schultz as the kid hones his game. I doubt PIT makes him available, and they'd probably opt to move the overrated Orpik instead.
MPS for Niskanen
These are really our only ones that seem possible out of that list. Though I don't know why people keep throwing out proposals involving Gagner - he's pretty much untouchable considering RNH may not even be in the fold at the start of next season.
Would love to see Sekera though - super underrated.
Originally Posted by
Looking back at some old trades. I can't believe that Tallon traded Andrew Ladd for Ivan Vishnevsky and a 2nd round pick.
What a steal.
Chicago had just won the cup and had a ton of pending free agents... they were bound to have to ship out some talent for cheap and they parted with whoever seemed most expendable at the time. Not like a lot of teams were lining up to give the cup champions cap relief.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by dyzfunctioned