Thread: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 10:02 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
His skating woes are definitely overblown.

I've seen him turn some defensemen wide, start rushes on the PK, and chase down some pucks from the blueline.

It seems to me like he's much faster than people believe because of his stride. He doesn't appear to be moving / it seems effortless.

Though I will say that such a characteristic does not equate him to the speed of a guy like Carter, who had some of the same issues, Couturier's certainly not going to lose his effectiveness because of it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that he's a patient player. He uses his brains before his size before his legs. Once he gets them all running together at the same speed; when he starts anticipating things that are happening around him instead of needing to analyze things before he moves, then he's going to be ridiculously dominant.

I'm not sure what the mainboards idiots are watching. Wait... I know what they're watching. They're watching people who don't know what they're talking about post nonsense around HFBoards. That's how these rumors start on these boards, and once they get established, they're impossible to derail...

Well impossible to derail...and then Giroux hits PPG. "He'll never be a real scorer in this league. You should trade him to us on the cheap because of it." my ass.

Last edited by CS: 04-24-2013 at 10:12 AM.
CS is offline   Reply With Quote