04-24-2013, 11:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Superficially looking at player usage charts, J. Staal plays roughly the same usage as Eller (~48% o-zone start, decent competition), which means slightly easier assignments than Plekanec. Compared to Plekanec he has comparable points, less shots and more positive posession.

Galchenyuk doesn't actually play against weaker competition but has much more generous o-zone starts (though less so than the DD line).

Really Jordan Staal is comparable to Plekanec, a great 2-way center but not someone you should rely on offensively. He's not getting that overpaid when you consider the Leafs give almost as much to Grabovski, though it makes you realize how absurd it is when people complain about Plekanec making 5M a year.
That's really surprising to be honest...either Staal's getting easier match-ups than I thought or Eller's getting harder match-ups than I thought

Thanks for doing the digging though. If DenverHabsFan's overall point was that he wouldn't trade the pick that became Galchenyuk for Staal plus a $6m extension, then I fully agree as well.