View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What "top notch defender" do you think can be had for Couturier + Read--particularly if you discount Yandle. I just don't see it.

Beyond value, I think it is a mistake. Read and Couturier are basically our two best defensive forwards (you could argue Giroux is in there as well, but he's been overused this year precisely for that reason; moving Couturier and Read would put even more of the PK / defensive-zone burden on him). Trading them for a PMD (which is what we'd obviously need) is going to have a significant impact on our team defense.
In my post I said I didn't know, but their are always players available in the summer that nobody would think would be. I am not saying I know what players will be available, but like I said in my previous post, internal budget, shake up, change of scenery, anything can happen.

I am not saying Piety or Weber either. People know I love those two guys(who doesnt?) but we might be able to acquire someone people really don't think is available, or no rumors have surfaced about.

EDIT: Also in my previous post I say I would only think about trading Couts if we get another top notch center. Read was thrown in there as a package deal to get a stud if one became available.

Quote:
"It's the evaluation process you go through this time of year whether you're in the playoff race or not, it's a daily thing," Holmgren said. "Once the season ends, you have conversations with everybody. Even when you're in the playoffs, you're talking to other teams about what they might be looking to do in the summertime. You're busy with your amateur guys preparing your draft list. It doesn't stop."
There is a pay wall for this article, so I will only post this quote from Homer.

Last edited by Prongo: 04-24-2013 at 10:41 AM.