Thread: Player Discussion: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Agree with this. The confidence is low right now. Seems to me like he second guesses himself a lot. On the other hand, it also looks very much like he is playing it safe out there, doesn't want to make a mistake. Doesn't want to take too long a shift. He isn't anticipating breakouts well or he just wants to make sure the defensive side of the game is taken care of and hopefully his line will be able to get some if at all offensive zone time.

I agree with the mentality to make the best of the little ice time he is getting but man 3 minutes is tough to swallow and do much with.
But weren't you trying to push the narrative earlier that Torts is trying to screw Kreider by limiting his time with more talented linemates?

I just dont get that thinking. The blueprint is there THIS SEASON with what happened to JT Miller. That kid made plenty of mistakes, but continued to get icetime because he played balls to the wall every shift. Personally, I think the narrative that Tortorella staples kids to the bench after one mistake is a false one.