View Single Post
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by
Points in Krueger's favor:
- development of Yak & PRV
- Tambo doesn't see a need to replace Horcoff after his injury
- the d core is terrible
- PP & PK solid, although I can't believe they don't set up Hall & Yakupov for the one-timer
- roster is not well designed to be competitive in the West.
- pretty terrible 5-on-5 play
- questionable 5-on-5 systems
- team mailing it in on too many occasions
In fairness Kreuger, his entire career is a coach that believes in high intensity energy shifts, keeping them short, getting off the ice, and rolling lines.
The bottomsix being deplorable was never going to be good enough for this on the season. Recruits like Brown and Smithson and more abysmal seasons from Belanger, |jones, Horc, Smyth didn't help.
Really who could roll lines successfully with this lineup?
Next I'll add that the topsix didn't commit to 5 on 5 system play. The system worked well enough when we played it. This being a club that sticks to system less than any team I've seen in the West.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Replacement*