View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Charon

vCash: 500
Well, this is what I was actually hoping for. Our defence in shambles. Tinordi will help us.

The same things that were plaguing us the last few games were plaguing us yesterday, except for the fact that Carey Price was quite solid for us yesterday. Our forwards were still unable to apply pressure, and our defence looked as soff as ever and immobile (particularly Markov).

IMO, one of the secrets to our success earlier this season was our transition game - our defencemen were adept at quickly and effectively move the puck to our forwards to start on offense and counterattack. We saw all six of our d-men making skill plays to transition the game from defence to offense. In the last 6 games, all of our defencemen have been folding under forechecking pressure, and our transition game is shutting down because of it. We saw hints of this through the earlier part of the season, mind you.

If I were Therrien, I'd consider pulling Markov to "rest" him till the playoffs and give Tinordi a chance to play. I'd also throw Drewiske in there. Rest the vets. We need size and resiliency on defence bad, real bad. Our "skilled" players can't act as skilled players if they're getting run over so hard in their own zone. I'd rather have bigger, more resilient, less-skilled players making safe, smart plays, than a bunch of soft, run down, skilled players making poor decisions regularly.

I'd put Tinordi in there against Winnipeg, along with Drewiske, and I'd rest Markov and Bouillon.

Subban-Gorges (24 min)
Tinordi-Diaz (20 min)
Drewiske-Weber (16 min)

Can't be as bad as what we've seen from our defence in recent games. I'm aware that maybe this is a little much responsibility for Tinordi, but we aren't in a position to be doing "what we prefer to do".

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote