View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 12:11 PM
RGY
Kreid or Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Chris is always going to be one of those players who needs a guy on his line to get him the puck in open ice. He's just not the type who is going to take the puck out of his own end and beat defenders one on one like Nash. The best comparison I've found so far is James Neal. Neal is a big guy with a great shot and excellent release, but he doesn't really generate offense on his own. He's excellent with Malkin, but he's pretty average without him.

Some of the best goal scorers in the game are lousy one-on-one players and have problems creating their own chances on a regular basis. What makes them special is that when they get open space or a good opportunity to score, they bury their chances. Kreider can do that.

Hands down one of, if not, the best comparison on this board this year. Because of the expectations alone of Kreider, I think some here don't realize he is not a complete offensive player in that he can't carry a puck up the ice and constantly do it all himself like Nash can....at times. He needs a guy who can deter attention away from him, who can get him the puck in open space. A Brad Richards. I know Pyatt has two goals in the last two games, but his game is still pretty damn slow. I think you'd get a lot more out of Kreider playing with Richards. But that won't happen.