Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards Part II
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Dilettante

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
In the past 3 games, Richie has 4 goals and 3 assists, but what's really notable is his ice time. up until the first of those 3 games, he was averaging somewhere around 17 to 18 minutes a game, and doing nothing. 17:50 against Philly, 16:47 against NYI.

But then there was a change. And he started getting a little less ice time. And he started looking MUCH better. In the past 3 games, he's always played between 14:14 and 14:26.

Maybe Richards really was having fitness problems, or maybe Brass coming in and taking some pressure off was a huge help, but I don't think Richards's play and his sudden change in TOI is a coincidence.
I think it's worth noting that he hasn't been the team's 1C since around mid/late March. The emergence of Stepan as the 1C and Brass coming in probably takes a ton of pressure off of him and allows him to gain some confidence playing against weaker competition as the 3C. If he is in fact that fragile mentally right now though it doesn't give me high hope he'll turn it around for the playoffs.